Toronto Marlies Game Report - January 11
TORONTO MARLIES (5) @ ROCHESTER AMERICANS (1
Friday, January 11, 2019
Toronto: P. Engvall (9) (J. Jooris, S. Gagner), M. Marchment (10) PP (C. Grundstrom, M. Carcone), C. Grundstrom (11) (S. Gagner, J. Subban), M. Carcone (11) (D. Timashov, F. Corrado), J. Bracco (8) (S. LeBlanc, J. Subban)
Goaltender: E. McAdam (29/30)
Rochester: A. Nylander (9) PP (D. O’Regan, B. Guhle)
Goaltender: S. Wedgewood (17/22)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Pierre Engvall opened the scoring at 6:18 of the second period. This is his second consecutive game with a goal (2). Engvall has 15 points (9 goals, 6 assists) through 34 games this season.
- Mason Marchment scored the game-winning goal on the power play at 15:29 of the second period. This was Marchment’s third power play goal of the season.
- Carl Grundstrom scored at 18:11 of the second period and earlier added the primary assist on Marchment’s power play goal. Grundstrom has scored a goal in consecutive games, registering three points (2 goals, 1 assist) through two games. Toronto is 8-0-0-1 when Grundstrom scores a goal.
- Michael Carcone scored at 3:14 of the third period and earlier picked up the secondary assist on Marchment’s second period power play goal. Carcone has seven points (5 goals, 2 assists) in 13 games with Toronto.
- Jeremy Bracco scored his eighth goal of the season at 12:16 of the third period. Bracco has 10 points (1 goal, 9 assists) in his last six games.
- Josh Jooris recorded the primary assist on Engvall’s second period goal. Jooris has 11 points (6 goals, 5 assists) in 38 games this season.
- Sam Gagner registered the secondary assist on Engvall’s goal and the primary assist on Grundstrom’s goal, both in the second period. Gagner has nine points (2 goals, 7 assists) in his last seven games.
- Jordan Subban had the secondary assists on Grundstrom’s second period goal and Bracco’s third period goal.
- Dmytro Timashov picked up the primary assist on Carcone’s third period goal. Timashov has seven assists in his last seven games.
- Frank Corrado recorded the secondary assist on Carcone’s third period goal. Corrado has four points (1 goal, 3 assists) through 26 games this season.
- Stefan LeBlanc registered the primary assist on Bracco’s third period goal.
- Eamon McAdam stopped 29 of 30 shots he faced. McAdam is now 9-4-2-1 on the season with a .898 Save Percentage and a 2.81 Goals Against Average.
- The Marlies are 10-5-1-2 on the road and have outscored their opponents 84-65.
- Toronto went 3-for-4 on the penalty kill and 1-for-4 on the power play. On the road, the Marlies are first in the AHL in power play goals scored (25) and second in the AHL on the power play (29.4%).
- Rochester had a 30-22 edge in shots in all situations. Sam Gagner, Mason Marchment and Chris Mueller led the Marlies with three shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 14-11-3-2 against North Division opponents and are 1-1-0-1 against the Rochester Americans.
- Toronto is playing eight games split evenly between home and the road over 16 days from December 28 to January 12. Through seven games, the Marlies are currently 5-2-0-0 and have outscored their opponents 28-20. Through this span, they will face the Rochester Americans three times, the Charlotte Checkers twice as well as the Syracuse Crunch, Binghamton Devils and the Utica Comets.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: C. Mueller (19)
- Assists: J. Bracco (29)*
- Points: C. Mueller (39)
- PPG: C. Mueller (9)
- Shots: S. Gagner (102)
- +/-: C. Grundstrom (+9)
- PIMS: M. Marchment, S. Oleksy (51)
- Toronto is 16-4-1-0 when scoring first in the game.
- The Marlies are 13-1-1-0 when leading after the first period and 13-0-1-0 when leading after the second period.
- Toronto is 6-6-1-1 when outshot by their opponent.
- The Marlies are 6-3-1-2 in Friday games and are 4-1-0-0 in January.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- Jeremy Bracco has points (1-3-4) in two consecutive games.
- Pierre Engvall has goals (2) in two consecutive games.
- Carl Grundstrom has points (2-1-3) in two consecutive games.
- Josh Jooris has assists (2) in two consecutive games.
- Trevor Moore has goals (2) in his last two games.
- Dmytro Timashov has assists (2) in two consecutive games.
- Andreas Borgman (concussion) did not dress for tonight’s game. He left Toronto’s game on December 19 against Binghamton and did not return.
- Timothy Liljegren (ankle) did not dress for tonight’s game. He is week-to-week with a high ankle sprain.
- Steve Oleksy (head) did not dress for tonight’s game. He left Toronto’s game on January 5 against Syracuse and did not return.
- Rasmus Sandin (elbow sprain) did not dress for tonight’s game following an injury sustained during the World Juniors.
- January 11: Loaned forward Gabriel Gagné from Toronto (NHL).
- January 11: Traded forward Morgan Klimchuk to Ottawa (NHL).
- January 11: Returned goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- January 10: Recalled goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo from loan by Toronto (NHL).
- January 8: Returned goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- January 8: Returned forward Trevor Moore on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- January 7: Recalled goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo from loan by Toronto (NHL).
- January 7: Reassigned defenceman Rasmus Sandin by Toronto (NHL) from Sweden (WJC).
- January 6: Returned goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo on loan from Toronto (NHL).